BAKED LIME CHEESE CAKE from Poppy Williams
source My Kitchen Rules
3 x 250 g packets cream cheese, softened
220g caster sugar
… 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest and juice of 2 limes
1 egg yolk
125 ml pouring cream
fresh lime wedges and double cream, to serve
Then for the cheesecake base:
1 x 250g packet nice or granita biscuits
2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
125g unsalted butter, melted
1. To prepare the cheesecake base, process biscuits and sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process until combined. Press mixture over the base of a 22cm non-stick springform tin. Use a palette knife smooth the base. Chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 220°C.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lime zest and juice in a bowl until just smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Add egg yolk and beat until just combined. Stir in cream. Pour mixture into tin over crumb base.
4. Bake on lowest shelf for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 150°C and bake a further 25-30 minutes or until mixture is almost set.
5. Cool cheesecake in oven with door slightly ajar. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
6. Cut into generous slices and serve with a fresh lime wedge